Tuesday, December 19, 2017

getting cozy - Sunny Day Crafting #66

Wednesday December 20, 2017
 
Hello and wow 5 more days till Christmas..  Hope everyone is done and ready.. and you have free time to get some crafting done.
If you have any free time.. We would love to see you play along this week at Sunny Day Crafting #66.
The Yellow team has a theme for you..
 "Y" is for YELLOW...
 
 
I do like the color yellow but boy I have a hard time using it in crafting.. I did make a Christmas card a few month back with yellow.. but not this time.. I know - I know.. it's almost Christmas time and here I am doing a fall leaf..
I saw this yellow card stock and it was a nice rich yellow so made me think of fall so I got my Stampin up leaf stamp and die and Ranger inks and stamped the leaf. I stamped it a couple more times in just white and adhered them all together to give a sturdy leaf. I knew I wanted to foam mount the leaf. I don't know if you can see it but I stamped the leaf on some shinny silver-ish paper.. So it was not a sturdy cardstock.
I added the Tech. Tues. sentiment.. but the base looked too plain.. So I watered down some dark orange and brown and did the flicks on the card base and everything else within 8 inches..  I then went around the edges with some Ranger ink and mounted the leaf.
I hope you are inspired and even if it's not summer or spring, there are awesome yellow flowers.  I know you will find something YELLOW to create..
If you need inspiration and just want to give some love check out the Yellow team inspirations over at Sunny Day Crafting.

Challenges:
Sugar pea designs #38 - anything goes
Creatalicious #129 - anything goes
Crafting from the heart #188 - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 314-315 - anything goes

6 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Love the gold on the leaf this is stunning. Great background.

Monika Reeck said...

The Gold on your card made it pop Billie
great leaf you have too
simple CAS card
love it
hugs
Monika

Blossom Cards said...

lovely cards thanks for sharing with Creatalicious Rachel DT

Kerin said...

Very pretty, love the warm colors! Thanks so much for joining us this month at SugarPea Designs!

~amy~ said...

Super pretty, I love all the yellow!
Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional monochrome Christmas” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…