Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Memories brighten our lives - Inspiration Destination #131

Wednesday June 28, 2017
 
So you have any plans for 4th of July?  it's sure coming up fast.  Living in the country I am not a fan of the 4th. Too many illegal fireworks.. Fire hazards and late night noise. I am glad this year I am retired so no need to get up for work the next day. That's the only plus this year..  Be safe what ever you do and enjoy..
 
On to our two week challenge at
It's ANYTHING GOES
 
 
This is my card.. I made the water color background using the Kuretake Gansi Water colors. I wanted the outcome to be dark because I knew I wanted to use this My Favorite Things Camellia flower.. If you read my blog and remember. I bought by mistake some light silver shinny paper .. well thought that would be perfect for the flower.. I like the look and shine. I then used Paper Trey ink leaves and dies and inked with Altnew inks. I was looking for a simple smaller sentiment and saw this one from Tech. Tuesday and so stamped it and cut the banner. I used some Nuvo drops on the card and layered it. It's done.. I like the look. Those colors are so rich.
I hope you get time to see the DT creations for this challenge. 


Challenges:
That's crafty - keep it simple
Color crazy wk. 25 - anything goes
Allsorts wk. 21 - flower power
Crafty catz #376 - anything goes/opt. baby
Artistic inspirations #182 - anything goes/opt. funny
Simon Wednesday - anything goes
The house that stamps built #J2817 - anything goes
Word art Wednesday wk. 288-289 - anything goes
Crafty gals corner #129 - anything goes





5 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Such a colourful CAS card Billie, Thank you so much for sharing with us all at That's Crafty and joining in with the *Keep it Simnple* Blog Challenge.. Tracey x

brenda said...

A really pretty floral creation, many thanks for joining or Flower Power theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Tracy Freeman said...

Gorgeous the white flower is just perfect and pops against the background.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Heather said...

Well, you've been a busy lady this week! This is beautiful!! The background is fabulous and the flower is just stunning! Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built.

Judy V said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!