Tuesday, April 11, 2017

With Sympathy for friend

Tuesday April 11, 2017
 
It's always sad when a friend looses a parent.  My co-worker (when I worked) just lost her father.  (I am still in contact with a few co-workers and so they fill me in on important things.) I  wanted to make a sweet nice comforting card for her. I used my Paper Trey Ink stamps and stamped with Ranger inks. I did the center flicking area with copics to give some more depth to the flowers. I like the added look it gives. I haven't tried this part of the stamp. I usually go more for the poppy looking flowers. I like the look. I used a sharpie black pen and did the border around the card. I added some Nuvo drops.  I hope it gives her comfort. Having lost both of my parents it's sad. I miss them every day.
 
Challenges:
Just us girls #388 - multi step stamping
My time to craft #343 - no designer paper
Inkspirational #132 - spring
Glitter 'n' sparkle #234 - spring
Come and get it - in the garden
heARTful stamping - anything goes
AAA cas  #87 - shiny spring
A bit more time to craft #41 - anything goes
Creatalicious challenges #112 - anything goes / opt. flowers
Use your stuff #259 - flowers
Crafting from the heart #154 - anything goes
The crazy challenge #246 - spring is coming
Crafty catz #365 - anything goes/opt. Easter
Crafty sentiments - flowers
Cards und more #182 - monochrome
Simon work it Wednesday April - April showers bring May flowers 










21 comments:

Jane said...

Really pretty sympathy card and I'm sure your friend was very appreciative of it. Thanks for linking up at AAA Cards.

Jac’s Playground said...

Oh this is really beautiful, very elegant and peaceful, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

MagsB said...

It's so hard to make a sympathy card, Billie, but yours is lovely. Such gentle, pretty colours. Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B DT x

Anonymous said...

This is a really lovely card. I really like that floral stamp and I know your co-worker will appreciate that you were thinking of her! Your coloring on those flowers is fabulous! Thanks for joining our flower challenge at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

creationsnz said...

A lovely floral tribute for your friend. Thanks for joining us in the Come And Get It garden, CarolG

Monika Reeck said...

oh this is so adorable
she will be happy to get your adorable card Billie
the flower and the dots I love love
and the line too
Clever design
and yay Billie in CAS card without DP yaay
LUV!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your flowers are beautiful! I love your clean design for this perfectly soothing sympathy card. Love the hand drawn border and the addition of the Nuvo drops, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A super pretty card for the occasion and such elegant spring tones. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards this week.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty layered flowers - made a lovely sympathy card. Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

Lyne said...

What a kind thing to do for a previous co-worker. I'm also amazed at how steady your hand is to draw the border yourself. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff
Lyne - Guest Designer
For scrapbook inspiration follow me at Lynn’s Everyday Ideas

Chris C said...

Really beautiful sympathy card - your various techniques are amazing. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

Jane Savage said...

Very beautiful and very elegant!
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments! Jane (GDT) xxx

Jackie C said...

Beautiful card Billie! thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious, jackie DT member.

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing at Crafting from the Heart!

laurigami said...

Adorable card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
Laurigami

Loose Stitches said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges!
~DT Sherry x

cm said...

Your friend will be deeply touched by your beautiful card; knowing that you're thinking of her will bring her comfort. Thank you for sharing this at Inkspirational....
~carol

Ellen said...

Beautiful card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

Anja said...

Beautiful Card :)
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Anja

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional flowers” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…

Chris said...

THose lines are really stunning and add a whole new look to the card. Very pretty! Thank you for playing along with my heARTful stamping challenge during April! I appreciate it.