Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Inspiration Destinaton #28 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES / Near the sea

Wednesday April 8, 2015
 
Inspiration Destination #28 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
 

Our sponsor for this card is Patties Creations Digital Images
 

I love living in the Pacific Northwest and being able to go out to the sound. I love water and we live by a river it runs along our property so I do get my water fix when I walk to the back pasture and look down to the river or taking the four legged kid down the dead end road that is along the river, it's beautiful. I had a dear friend who I had known for 35 years who grew up in Missouri and would come out to visit and she loved the pacific ocean and collecting shells. She moved to Washington state and then met her husband. They moved to Montana but they would come out yearly to stay on the ocean.  She passed away 6 years ago and this sentiment was one of the few stamps her husband knew she would of wanted me to have. I have to tell you I did shed a tear making this card. I miss her so much. She was also a card /sb maker.
 I love the ocean any time of the year. In a couple weeks we have a ladies church retreat and it's on the ocean and our hotel faces the water. Love the sound of waves and walking the beach along with the spiritual growth. It's a great time.  I thought of this as I made my card.
 
The image for this card is Seashell border 2  I loved coloring the shells and I wanted the sentiment to be on its side. I think it gives a great touch to the card. I have a sand dollar button that I added on top of the twine.   I hope you find time to head over to Inspiration Destination to play along this week. It's always ATG.

Challenges:
Craftin desert divas - atg
Melonheadz friends - spring
Not just cards #16 - atg
Papertake weekly - atg
Shopping our stash #196 - the earth has music / nature sound of sea
Loves rubberstamps #146 - atg
Through the craftroom door - atg
Clear it out - atg
Word art Wednesday #178 - atg

recipe: patties creations seashell border 2, su base, qq scraps, twine, button, copics, psx sentiment




13 comments:

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Love this one too, the colours are gorgeous. xx

Monika Reeck said...

that Patti Creations Digi Image is wonderful and love the soft color on your card and the sentiment is YES I agree we can sit so long near the sea listen to the bird and the sound of the water...I can sitting long and sleep at the beach LOL
Lovely card again Billie...

Kathy Salido said...

Gorgeous card, I love the little sand dollar charm!! Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!!

Kathy
Craftin Desert Divas Design Team
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

That's right, I don't count the days when I'm at the sea...nice sentiment on your beautiful card Billie! Love the shells and colors. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge Billie. Hugs xx

Fondly,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

PaperDaisies said...

I love this card. What a delightful image. I love how you have showcased it. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Donna said...

So very true, I am never happier than when I am close to the sea....ahhhhhh...lovely!
Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our joint "The Earth Has Music" challenge with Words 2 Scrap By!!

Laura Love said...

What a beautiful card! What a lovely tribute to your friend and you know that she was there with you in spirit as you crafted this beauty up! i love the added sand dollar button that is really cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! We hope you play along with us again soon!

Chana Malkah said...

Very well done, Billie! Nice colors and a great sentiment! Thanks for joining us thi week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Lisa Mensing said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at CIO.

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Papertake Weekly!



Deena said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colour palette. I am sure you friend is thinking this card is absolutely awesome. Thanks for joining in at shopping our stash.

Jo Ann said...

This is so awesome...I love the green tone you used here and the sideways sentiment. Really great! Thank you for joining our Challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. The current challenge is midway and hope you join us again. Leaving you with God's Word to ponder on from Romans 15:4 and it says, "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." God bless always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Deanne Saunders said...

Wow! Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our MELONHEADZ AND FRIENDS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper