Saturday, May 03, 2014

Unscripted Sketches #255 / Happy mothers day gift card

Saturday May 3, 2014
 
Unscripted Sketches #255  challenge, use the sketch below and make your card, scrapbook page or project and link to the Unscripted Sketch blog.
 
 
This is the card I made for the challenge. I decided to make a gift card - card. I had this envelope from ???? and I kept moving it around my desk and thought wow this would work out perfect for a gift card holder. I also found this negative part of a die and liked the look. I used clear embossing powder and embossed the leaves to give the background on the pink a designer look. I am loving how quick and easy this card was to make and things I found on my desk. Same with the twine it was just picking out from the pile of paper scraps I had on my desk. I don't have this size on a spool so not even sure where it came from either.. Any how this card probably took me under 10 min but looks like I took a lot of time to make.

challenges:
Sister act #55 - atg
QKR #86 - mothers day
Crafty catz - anything but a square
Crafts 4 eternity #174 - stamp it (leaves and sentiment)
Cuttin & stampin - atg mothers day card w/o flowers
Crafty sentiments - atg
Through the craftroom door - atg
Inky impressions #157 - atg
Stampin royalty #226 - mom
Word art Wednesday #130 - atg
Card makin mama #85 - earth friendly
recipe: su card base, ss best mom ever sentiment and leaves, clear embossing powder, pti negative die, bag?, club scrap scrap, twine, washi tape, rhinestones




11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

wonderful gift card Ginny x

Cheryl First said...

Beautiful, Billie! Perfect colors, and I love that you used a die negative to dress it up, too! It's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Billie, This is so pretty, love that you found things just sitting around waiting to be used. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

karalschuknecht said...

Great card and such pretty colors. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Mother's Day Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
Karal QKR Stampede DT

Sandra said...

Wow Billie, great gift card!!, Love the colors, don't you love to recycle items??
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
Hugs,Sandra

tilly said...

what a beautiful gift card and lovely colours, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz
Tilly

Aunty Sue said...

great sketch and papers, thanks for sharing at Crafty Sentiments

Life - Up, Down & Sideways said...

Great use of the bag to create the middle element of your card. Very cute idea. Thanks for playing along with us at Cuttin' and Stampin' this week.

Tammy S.

michele said...

Lovely card Billie Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Unknown said...

Lovely project with such an energetic color combo. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and we would love to see you again.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

ahlers5 said...

Wonderful card. Love the colors. Thanks so much for joining us at QKR Stampede this week.